Oh! Blog.

Oh! It's a blog. When life gives you lemons... throw them at someone you don't like.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Strange happening, #5314

I was summoned to the Board of Education the other day to fill out some paperwork regarding officially becoming a staff member of the Okayama-shi Board of Education (as opposed to the soon-defunct Takebe BOE). I struggled through it with dictionary in hand, as I tend to do when faced with having to write in Japanese. When I was done, BOE lady #1 (who speaks English and helps me out with these things) said to BOE lady #2, "can you read it?" and "is the kanji okay?" Why did BOE lady #2 have to read my handwriting? Because she was going to re-write the entire thing on the real forms. So I'm not trusted to write things in Japanese, apparently. All I supplied was my signature.
Back to the madness, then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home