Oh! Blog.

Oh! It's a blog. When life gives you lemons... throw them at someone you don't like.

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Are you postmodern?

"I'm So Postmodern," by the mysterious Bedroom Philosopher, may well be the funniest song I've ever heard. Here are its deliriously wonderful, definitively Australian lyrics in full:

I’m so postmodern that I just don’t talk anymore, I wear different coloured t-shirts according to my mood.
I’m so postmodern that I work from home as a surf lifesaving consumer hotline.
I’m so postmodern all my clothes are made out of sleeping bags, I don’t need pockets, I’m a pocket myself.
I’m so postmodern I go to parties I’m not invited to, and locate the Vegemite, and write my name on everyone.
I’m so postmodern I write reviews for funerals, and heckle at weddings from inside a suitcase.
I’m so postmodern I’m going to adopt a child, and teach him how to knit, and call him Adolf Diggler.
I’m so postmodern that I breakdance in waiting rooms, play Yahtzee in nightclubs, at three in the afternoon.
I’m so postmodern I only go on dates that last thirteen minutes, via walkie-talkie, whilst hiding under the bed.
I’m so postmodern I invite strangers to my house, and put on a slideshow of other people’s Nans.
I’m so postmodern I went home and typed up everything you said, and printed it out in wingdings, and gave it back to you.
I’m so postmodern I held an art exhibition, a Chupa-chup stuck to a swimming cap, and no-one was invited.
I’m so postmodern I make alphabet soup, and dye it purple, and pour it on the lawn.
I’m so postmodern I request Hey Mona on karaoke, then sing my life story to the tune of My Sharona.
I’m so postmodern I only think in palindromic haikus: “Madam, I Glenelg, I’m Adam!”
I’m so postmodern that I sit down to wee, and stand up to poo, at job interviews.
I’m so postmodern that I dress up as Santa, in the middle of August, and haunt golf courses.
I’m so postmodern that I cut off all my hair, and knitted it into a beanie, and threw it off a bridge.
I’m so postmodern that I stole everyone’s mail, cut them up into a ransom note and hid it in a thermos.
I’m so postmodern I take my Lego to the supermarket, and build my own shopping trolley and only buy one nut.
I’m so postmodern I wrote a letter to the council – I think it was M.
I’m so postmodern I bought a round-the-world plane ticket, and stuffed my clothes with eggplant and pretended it was me.
I’m so postmodern I’ve got a tattoo of my PIN number in hieroglyphics, on my neighbour’s guide dog.
I’m so postmodern I fought my way into parliament, made a law banning Nuttelex and then moved to Spain.
I’m so postmodern that I iron all my lettuce leaves, put my shirts in the crisper – they’re real crisp.
I’m so postmodern I give live mice to buskers, dirty teatowels to Mormons and pavlova to crabs.
I’m so postmodern that I live in a tent, on a platform of skateboards that’s tied to a tram.
I’m so postmodern I write four-thousand word essays on the cultural significance of party pies.
I’m so postmodern I recite Shakespeare at a KFC drive-through, through a megaphone, in sign language.
I’m so postmodern I’m going to watch the Olympics on a black-and-white TV, with the sound down.
I’m so postmodern I go to the gym after hours, push up against the door, then cry myself to sleep.
I’m so postmodern I wrote a trilogy of novels from the perspective of a possum that Jesus patted once.
I’m so postmodern that I marry all my friends, soak myself in metho, and tell them that they’ve changed.
I’m so postmodern I bought every book written in 1963 as a reading challenge, and clogged up a waterslide.
I’m so postmodern I think I might be a god, in my undies rolling in sugar, in the carpark of a rodeo.

I’m so postmodern I prerecorded this song, and laced a message subliminally telling Shane Porteous to buy a smock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home